Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

WFMW - Being frugal with our resources

I have been reading quite a few blogs lately that are giving me ideas on being frugal. So I thought I'd share a few of the things that we do to make wise use of our resources. These are not in any order, other than what I thought of as I wrote them



1. Check out movies from the library rather than the video store.

2. Rent movies using free rental codes from Redbox

3. Ride bikes rather than drive - Adam rides to work most days and we ride to church most Sundays.

4. Buy bread at bakery outlet.

5. Buy milk at Braum's.

6. My friend Rachel helped me yesterday to put up a clothesline to use my dryer less.

7. Coupons, coupons, coupons. And match to ads.

8. Turn up the thermostat for summer and use ceiling fans. We've turned it up a degree at a time but I think we've hit our max for comfort, even when using ceiling fans.

9. Turn off the lights. (I follow Kaylyn around and turn off lights.)

10. Use envelope system for budget. We take out cash each payday for groceries, household items, date money, "allowance"/whatever you want money, healthcare, and food storage. This helps us be very aware when we're nearing the end of the money and helps us not go over budget (at least not too far).

No comments: