Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hawaiian Haystacks

I made Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner tonight and told everybody on Facebook that's what I was making. In just a short time, I got 2 requests for the recipe (or maybe they just wanted to come eat?). Do I'm posting it here for everyone to enjoy. Now this is the recipe the way I make it (following the instructions from my friend, Mom McIlquham). But if you want to cheat, you could use boneless skinless chicken breast and store bought chicken broth. But you won't feel like Molly Mormon :) if you do. I am a blogger but not a professional blogger - so no pictures of me making this or of a completed serving on a pretty plate.

First you make your chicken mix and broth.

Chicken Mix...
Place 4-5 lb whole chicken into 4 quarts of water with 4 carrots (peeled and cut up), 3 T parsley, 2 t basil, 4 t salt and 1/2 t pepper. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Save the broth you've created and put it in the refrigerator. Let chicken cool. Then remove bones and skin. Cut up the chicken meat - that's your chicken mix. Skim the fat off your broth and freeze extra broth.

Hawaiian Haystacks

2 cups chicken mix2 cans cr. chicken soup1 cup chicken brothMix together in pot and heat until warm/hot.
Serve with rice and toppings - your choice what you put on your plate.Rice
Chicken Mix
Chow Mein Noodles
Tomatoes
Pineapple chunks
chopped green onions
slivered almonds coconut
shredded cheddar cheese

You will need to then save your extra chicken mix and broth in 2 cup containers in the freezer. I actually prefer my own broth - much cheaper, I know how much salt is in it and I skim off the fat to make it "low-fat" broth.

Enjoy!

No comments: