Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Divine Nature

I was recently called as the Ward YW Camp Director. This is not a calling I ever desired. But as I have started learning about the calling, I got to read the YW Theme again. And I cried. It's been just over 10 years since I had a calling in the Young Women program. At that time I had a testimony, but it's amazing how something can make you realize how much your testimony has grown. My testimony is so strong of the first sentence in the theme that it can make me cry if I think about it at all.

Here's the Theme for a reminder to all of us...

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us, and we love him. We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places" as we strive to live the Young Women Values, which are -
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works and
Integrity

We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

1 comment:

Sheree said...

The new Young Women theme has actually added in a new line at the bottom. It states, as we strive to live the YW values we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenents and prepare for the blessings of exaltation.

The church keeps going back to the family because that is the most important thing in this life. Elder Oaks talk about Good, Better, Best has also had a great impact in my life. As my children get older I have to start deciding what is really important and what is good but not really important. It is a hard balance. Just like in the YW theme, we need to be strengthening our homes and families.

Thanks eden for all that you do.