Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

WFMW - Parking Backwards

For the past few years, we've had season tickets for our local Symphony Orchestra.  When we would arrive in the parking garage, we noticed a lot of people parking backwards in the parking spots.  Hmm.  Then we decided to try it.  Wow!  We could get out of our parking spot so much faster because others leaving were more willing to let us in the line and when they weren't, we can nudge forward into the line much easier.  So now we park this way any time we can when we go to an event.

When school started this year, Princess1 changed schools.  With the new school, it is very easy to park in the school's lot and walk up to the door to pick her up.  One day I decided to try parking backwards at the school.  It worked!  I can pull out so much easier and the traffic is lighter when I'm trying to park than when I'm trying to leave.  The biggest reason I do this now - safety!  By being parked backwards, I can pull out and clearly see where all the other kids are at as they make their way to their vehicles.  No more blind spots!

This works for me!  For more Works for Me Wednesday tips, check out We are THAT Family.

4 comments:

Heather said...

My dad agrees and always parks backwards now after reading an article about children getting run over.

Nice to meet you.

QAMom said...

I always back in too. Especially at home. I heard one too many stories about kids getting run over by their mommy backing out of the drive.

I actually started in my teens though. I noticed a lot of people backing into each other at Walmart and decided that I wasn't going to be one of them!

Eden said...

Caroline - thanks for the idea to park backwards at home. Our garage is too cluttered right now making it very hard to park backwards in it (another reason to clean it out). Fortunately, I never back out if I don't know where my girls are (either inside the house, inside the van with me, or standing beside their dad).

Heather- it's nice to meet you too!

Kerin said...

Hi there!
I just wanted to let you know, I am so glad that you found my blog! Now, we get to be blog friends! I left a comment on your other blog, but I wanted to visit both of your blogs and get to know you!
I'll catch up with you soon!