Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Meditation - Entrusted Talents

Matthew 25:14-30 Parable of the Entrusted Talents

The lord entrusts one servant with 5 talents, one servant with 2 talents and to another 1 talent. He then travels away. When he returns, the first servant has increased his talents to 10. The second servant increased his to 4. The third servant decided to just hold onto his 1 talent and has no gain when the lord returns. The first and second servants were rewarded to be "ruler over many things" and to "enter thou into the joy of my lord." The third servant was chastised for not being like the lord who would "reap where I sowed now and gather where I have not strawed." This third servant's talent was taken away and he was cast into outer darkness.



Thoughts/Interpretation/Application

In the past as I've read this parable, I've always applied it to the talents we are blessed with and that we need to use and develop them for the Lord's service.

But as I studied this recently, the thought occurred to me that it also applies to my children that the Lord has entrusted to me. If I cherish them, they will grow to be of benefit to His kingdom. They will also marry and raise their own children up to Him, thereby increasing what I was entrusted with. We also have the potential if we live righteously to have more children entrusted to us in the celestial kingdom.



As I pondered this more, I realized there are quite a few things that this applies to.

Revelation - if we don't use and cherish the revelations we receive, we won't be blessed with more and the ability to receive those revelations will be taken away.

Our Home - We would really like to have a home with a basement, which would be a bigger home. The thought occurs to me that if we don't take care of the home we have now, keeping it in order, and use it as we can for His service, then why would he entrust us with more?

Our Callings - We need to serve where He has placed us and try to magnify that calling. He will then bless us with more - of course, there is the "where much is given, much is required" saying too.

No comments: