Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Bul-ko-kee (Korean BBQ Beef)

Love served his mission in Korea many moons ago but still has a love for the people as well as the cuisine.  Back when I was working at the hospital pharmacy, I became friends with one of the pharmacists and his wife was from Korea.  So one day, when she came to eat lunch with Mike, I asked her if she had a recipe for Bul-Ko-Kee (I poorly pronounced it but she knew what I meant) since that was one dish Love talked about.  She very kindly provided this recipe to me....

Bul-Ko-Kee (Korean BBQ Beef)

1 lb Beef (Boneless top loin or sirloin steak)
1/4 c soy sauce
3 T sugar
2 T sesame oil
1/4 tsp pepper
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped (I usually mince mine because it's easier or I use dried garlic)

Trim fat from beef.  Cut beef diagonally across grain into 1/8 inch slice (for ease in cutting, partially freeze beef for about 1 1/2 hours).

Mix remaining ingredients.  Stir in beef until well coated.  Cover and refrigerate minimum of 30 minutes. (This can be prepared the night before and this will really add flavor to meat).  Drain beef.

Stir fry in skillet or wok over med. heat until lt. brown (2-3 min).  You can grill it over charcoal just be sure to cut beef slices wider so it won't fall through the grill.

Makes 4 servings.


When I made this for my freezer cooking day, I made two sets - one is in the refrigerator marinating for tomorrow night.  The other is in a ziploc bag in the freezer for some future date.

No comments: