Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chicken Wild Rice Soup

Here's Colleen's Chicken Wild Rice Soup


5 2/3 cup water
1 pkg (4.3 oz) Rice-a-Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix (I also use the Uncle Ben's version)
1 envelope chicken noodle soup mix (I normally use a can or two of cond. Chicken noodle soup)
1 celery rib, chopped (I'm substituting celery seed tonight since I don't have any celery and I'd have to pick it out before my family would eat it)
1 med carrot, chopped
1/3 c chopped onion (optional)
1 can cond. cream of chicken soup
2 cups cubed cooked chicken

Note:  I'm using one pkg of my chicken mix (see Haystacks recipe) so it's combining the chicken and carrots

In a large saucepan, combine water, rice with contents of seasoning packet and chicken noodle soup.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

Stir in the celery, carrot and onion.  Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

Stir in the cream of chicken soup and the chicken.  Cook 8 minutes longer or until the rice and vegetables are tender.

No comments: