Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day - What I accomplished

Wow!  I am beat!  Totally ready for bed.  Why did I decide that I would start a 5:30 am workout class the day after a freezer cooking day?!

So here's what I accomplished today:

Waffles x3
Bul-ko-kee x2
Chicken Mix for Haystacks (enough for 2 recipes of Haystacks)
Chicken Enchiladas (using remainder of the chicken Mix) - I'll post this recipe from Jasmine soon.
      Originally, I was going to use enchiladas from the freezer for dinner next week but a phone call from my sister-in-law changed that as they'll be here next Monday.
Chicken-n-Gravy with Noodles x2
     I made this through step 1, freezing the broth/carrots separate from the chicken.  When I'm ready to make this, I will defrost it and start with step 2.  I have Reames frozen noodles in the freezer to add in.
Spanish Rice - 4 cups.
     This is a recipe from Ernie Hamilton and I love how simple it is.  Simply replace some of the water you use to make your rice with enchilada sauce.  One problem - I didn't have enough enchilada sauce to make the spanish rice and the enchiladas.  So I also had to make Homemade Enchilada Sauce.  After we eat the Enchiladas and Spanish Rice, I'll have to let everyone know if we liked it.
Taco Meat - 4 lbs
     2 lbs are for us and 2 lbs are for the Ronald McDonald House dinner our ward is providing this week.
Lasagna x2
     Another recipe from my Mom that I will have to share soon.  Instead of making it in the 9x13 like normal, I layered it in an 8x8 and a 9x9 so that it will be for two meals - portion control!
Oatmeal Muffins x2
Tomato Basil Bread - made in bread machine.  I will need to make several more loaves to use up the can of tomato paste I opened.
Sage and Rosemary Pork Roast x1 - I think this came from a South Beach cookbook.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. 

So all together, counting the crockpot pork chops I made yesterday (and had enough leftover to freeze for another day) and not counting the 2 lbs of taco meat for RMH, I have 15 meals in the freezer (had to subtract one of the waffle sets which we ate for dinner tonight).  Plus 12 muffins in the freezer, 12 in the refrigerator, 1 loaf of banana bread and 1 loaf of tomato basil bread!

No comments: