Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Chicken Azteca

And one final recipe for today - this comes from Joella Shanklin.  I love it but my family doesn't because they can't stand black beans (or any beans for that matter).  But they allow me to make it once or twice a year and pick out the beans.

2 c frozen corn
1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and divided
1 c salsa
1 clove garlic (I normally use dried minced garlic)
1/2 t ground cumin
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg cream cheese, cubed
Hot Cooked Rice
Shredded cheddar

Combine corn, beans, 1/2 c salsa, garlic and cumin in slow cooker.  Arrange chicken over top; pour remaining salsa over chicken.  Cover; cook on High 2-3 hours or on low 4-6 hours.

Remove chicken, cut into bite-size pieces.  Return chicken to slow cooker.  Add cream cheese and stir.  Cook on High until cream cheese melts and blends into sauce.

Serve over rice.  Top with cheddar cheese.

3 comments:

Joella said...

I need to make this again. I forgot about this recipe.

Eden said...

That's funny that I get to remind you of your own recipe! I haven't made it in a while - maybe soon.

Christina said...

Oh my goodness this recipe sounds right up my family's alley. I'm definitely making this tonight!!! Thanks Eden and Joella for the recipe.