Sparkle Background

CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Swiss Steak

Here's another crockpot favorite.  I grew up on this as one of my favorite meals.  Sadly, when I got out on my own, I discovered that most people think swiss steak is tomato based so I had to get this recipe from my mom!

Swiss Steak

2 lbs round steak (cut 3/4 inch thick)
salt and pepper to taste
1 lg onion (I usually use dried onion)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can water

Cut steak into serving pieces; season with salt and pepper and place in crockpot with sliced onion.  Spread soup and water evenly over top.

Cover and set to High for 1 hour then turn to Low for 8 to 10 hours.

Serve over rice.

Linked to What's in Your Crockpot?.  Go check out all the wonderful crockpot recipes.

1 comment:

Smockity Frocks said...

Looks great! Thanks for linking!